Aris’ practice is primarily focused on serving as outside general counsel to a wide variety companies based in the United States and overseas. He handles all aspects of corporate, real estate and financing transactions and has managed transactions in excess of a billion dollars in the aggregate throughout his career. He has unique ability to negotiate and resolve all manner of commercial disputes by focusing on how the conflict developed, assess the needs of each of the parties and, most importantly, listening.
Aris’ business clients come from a broad spectrum of industries, including, consumer products and retail, e-commerce, media and entertainment, financial services, energy and clean technology, insurance, life sciences, industrial manufacturing and distribution, biotechnology, software, telecommunications and networking, and healthcare services.
Aris has comprehensive experience with:
- Entity selection and formation
- Seed-stage and venture capital debt and equity investments
- Domestic and multinational mergers and acquisitions
- Domestic and multinational joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Recapitalizations and restructurings
- Day-to-day legal matters and contracts
- Resolution of commercial disputes
- Intellectual property protection
- Tax and estate planning and intellectual property matters
Aris has also worked closely with individuals and developers in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate transactions, representing property owners, landlords, tenants, institutional lenders, borrowers, sellers and purchasers in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, leases, financing, and other real property related transactions.
Moreover, Aris has counseled clients on sophisticated estate planning opportunities and intergenerational planning through the use of corporate restructuring of family owned businesses.
Languages: Spanish, Armenian, Arabic