Ms. Wachs concentrates her practice in the field of community association law. She provides numerous homeowners associations, condominium associations and cooperatives throughout New Jersey with a full range of legal counsel, including transition from developer to unit control, construction defect and transition litigation, the aggressive pursuit of delinquent assessments, interpretation and drafting of master deed and by-laws provisions, promulgation and enforcement of association rules, regulations and policy resolutions, as well as negotiation and preparation of routine vendor agreements and large scale renovation contracts.
In addition, Ms. Wachs has tried many cases with favorable outcomes for her clients regarding both the collection of assessments as well as negligence actions. Ms. Wachs is well versed in forming condominium associations from the first stages of acquiring the property through drafting and filing all necessary governing documents.
More Activities and Experience
- Member, Community Associations Institute – New Jersey Chapter (CAI-NJ)
- Board Member and Co-Director of the solo/small firm subcommittee – New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Member – New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member – Morris County Chamber of Commerce
- Attorney Mentor – NJ LEEP, Newark, New Jersey