Michael J. Willner
- Condominium/Coop Practice
- General Litigation
- Real Estate
- Landlord/Tenant Law
Michael J. Willner is a Partner at Curcio Mirzaian Sirot LLC and is admitted to practice law in both New York and New Jersey. His practice involves the areas of general condominium/cooperative law, commercial and residential real estate transactions, and related litigation. He has represented condominium and cooperative boards, individual unit owners, shareholders, purchasers and sellers, and landlords and tenants, providing them with general counsel services and litigating complex real estate disputes.
He appears regularly in New York Appellate, Supreme and Civil Courts, as well as at Mediation, Arbitration and ECB hearings and has extensive experience with landlord-tenant law, zoning issues, mechanic’s liens, foreclosure actions, contract disputes, construction claims and other management issues. He drafts license and construction agreements, real estate contracts, indemnification agreements, and is familiar with all real estate related issues.
Michael believes in a global legal approach that takes into account the full scope of a client’s needs. Having spent more than seventeen years working in various aspects of real estate law, Michael works closely with clients to learn their true goals and then help them reach those goals.
[The Super Lawyers lists are issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology for both lists may be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html). No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey].
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 05/2003
- State University of New York at Binghamton
- B.A. - 12/1999
- New York, 2004
- New Jersey, 2003
- Alfred Condominium v. Cheng Hsien Wu, 100 A.D.3d 472, 953 N.Y.S.2d 506 (1st Dep’t. 2012)(successful opposition to appeal seeking to overturn award of attorneys’ fees and expenses by lower Court after trial);
- Andrada Owners Corp. v. DiGrazia, 37 Misc.3d 1204(A), Slip Copy, 2012 WL 4510548 (Table) (N.Y.City Civ.Ct. 2012) (Decision after trial relating to eviction of Tenant using unit to house illegal occupants);
- 115-117 Nassau St., LLC v. Nassau Beekman, LLC, 74 A.D.3d 537, 903 N.Y.S.2d 25 (1st Dep’t. 2010) (successfully opposed appeal to overturn partial summary judgment awarded against a purchaser that defaulted under a real estate contract to purchase a building and appurtenant zoning rights)
- Glenridge Mews Condominium v. Kavi, 90 A.D.3d 604, 933 N.Y.S.2d 730 (2nd Dep’t. 2011) (successful appeal of order denying full award of attorneys’ fees and expenses),
- Brill & Meisel, Partner, 2007 to 2021
- Lissner & Lissner, Associate, 2005 to 2007
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present